TALES OF DERRING-DO IN A LAND OF FANTASTIC PERIL
Scheming mages. Savage hobgoblins. Lithe, twinkish elves. An illiterate dwarf named “Nutmeg.” All this and more in the pages of THE CHAOTIC NEUTRAL CHRONICLES, a serialized fantasy adventure loosely inspired by tabletop roleplaying games. Prefer to read? Enjoy the text version here on this blog! Prefer to listen? Treat your ears to our audio edition, available on most major platforms!
Read the latest posts!
- Episode 028: Recruitment Drive (Text)When we last left our heroes…THE HOB GOB KILLIN’ MOB rescued NUTMEG from the chasm, with a little help from SISTER D’s god. After laying WALLY the giant to rest, the gang returned to Tanner’s Crossing to warn the people of the town about the impending invasion. Following a meeting at MAYOR WISEMAN’s house, NUTMEG and GEL head to the inn for a little R&R… Table of Contents Chapter 1 – In Which Nutmeg Loses a Fight Chapter 2 – In Which Gel Borrows Nutmeg’s Breastplate Chapter 3 – In Which Aberthol Demonstrates His Power Chapter 4 – In Which … Continue reading Episode 028: Recruitment Drive (Text)
- Episode 027: Rest in Peace (Text)When we last left our heroes…THE HOB GOB KILLIN’ MOB met a giant, WALLY, and reached Skull Gorge Bridge, where the advance guard of the Red Hand lay waiting. After NUTMEG infiltrated the enemy camp, the gang set to work destroying the bridge – only to be faced with a furious green dragon. The dragon was defeated, and the bridge fell – but not before NUTMEG plunged into the depths of the chasm… Table of Contents Chapter 1 – In Which We Find Out What Happened to Nutmeg Chapter 2 – In Which They Create a Fitting Memorial Chapter 3 … Continue reading Episode 027: Rest in Peace (Text)
- Episode 026: May the Giant Be With You (Text)When we last left our heroes…Nutmeg, Gelmahta, Sister Dondalla, and their new companion George raided the ancient keep of Caer Karnak, apparent headquarters of the impending goblin invasion! Following a narrow victory, they were given magical treasures by the castle’s resident ghost, and learned that the bulk of the goblin horde was just a few days away… Table of Contents Chapter 1 – In Which Our Heroes Set Off Chapter 2 – In Which Someone Cries Very Loudly Chapter 3 – In Which It Goes Great Chapter 4 – In Which They Reach the Bridge Chapter 5 – In Which … Continue reading Episode 026: May the Giant Be With You (Text)
- Episode 025 (Text): The Ghost of Caer KarnakWhen we last left our heroes…the HOB GOB KILLIN’ MOB arrived in Tanner’s Crossing, a town under assault by the forces of the Red Hand. Captain ANNA THORNSPUR assured the party that a friend of hers, GEORGE the woodsman, could lead them to the hideout of the Red Hand in the nearby Hagwood. While killing time, Nutmeg bought and sampled some powerful drugs, which led him and Gel to commit unspeakable crimes against a poor, defenseless wizard. Now, the party sets out in search of George…and the haunted castle of Caer Karnak…
- Episode 024 (Text): A Sticky SituationWhen we last left our heroes…NUTMEG, GELMAHTA, and SISTER D spent a restful few days in the elven city of KAL RAMMATH, where Nutmeg partied hard and Gel got morose. After journeying down the river through the monstrous woods, they fought a shocking battle at a burning barn on the banks of the river. Now they make their way to the town of TANNER’S CROSSING, where Captain ANNA THORNSPUR wishes to debrief…
Like what you see?
I bet you do! Enter your email below to never miss an installment of these thrilling adventures!